Requirements for a Standard Smart Water Installation:
- You are the owner of the home
- The installation location is on a single-family residential property
- Potable water supply is not galvanized steel
- You or an authorized representative is present at the time of installation with your Flo by Moen Smart Water Shutoff already paired to the home’s WiFi via the Flo by Moen App
- Water main location where the Smart Water Shutoff will be installed is easily accessible
- A section of accessible uninterrupted straight pipe on your main water supply line, after your manual shutoff valve and/or pressure reducing valve (some homes may not have a manual shutoff and/or pressure reducing valve), to allow our installation partner to install the Smart Water Shutoff in-line on the existing water line or allow them to reroute the water line so as to create a “loop” to fit the Smart Water Shutoff, if needed.
- Installation of one customer-supplied Smart Water Shutoff on a single family residential property
- Testing and checking for leaks upon installation
- Assistance with ensuring your Smart Water Shutoff is properly functioning
- Cleaning up debris
What’s not included:
Plumbing can vary significantly from home to home, so installation of the Flo by Moen Smart Water Shutoff may require more time and materials in some homes than others. Your Smart Water Installation covers all standard Flo by Moen installations so long as they meet the requirements described above. But, in rare instances, existing conditions in the home may prevent proper installation; the cost of correcting these issues would be your responsibility (and completely your decision). Examples of these scenarios include:
- Installations where there is no power outlet within 10 feet of the home’s water supply line. This can be resolved with a Flo by Moen low voltage 25-foot extension cord (available for purchase as an accessory on meetflo.com).
- Any additional services required to access the power outlet, including drilling through walls. The addition of a power outlet in your home would require a visit by a qualified electrician.
Note: If the well system does have a sediment filter, with at least a 150 micron filter, installation can commence, assuming there is at least 4 inches of uninterrupted supply line after the filtration system (click here for more information on well system installations).
- Modifying existing plumbing to include integration of irrigation systems
- Modifying existing plumbing to exclude a fire suppression system (if one is present).
Note: If a fire sprinkler system is present, the Flo by Moen Smart Water Shutoff must be installed after the branch to the sprinkler system so that it will not interfere with its operation.
7. Installations where there is not enough accessible uninterrupted straight pipe after your manual shutoff valve and/or pressure reducing valve (some homes may not have a manual shutoff and/or pressure reducing valve) on the main water supply line. In order for our installation partner to be able to install the Flo by Moen Smart Water Shutoff in-line on the existing water line, they may need to re-route the water line so as to create a “loop” to fit the Flo by Moen Smart Water Shutoff if needed. If neither of these options are available, installation may require additional labor and/or materials (i.e., special piping, fittings).
8. Adding bracing or brackets to support weight of plumbing and/or the Flo by Moen Smart Water Shutoff.
9. Adding WiFi range extenders or equipment if your WiFi signal does not reach the Flo by Moen Smart Water Shutoff.
Again, these scenarios are uncommon; in the vast majority of cases, all costs will be covered in your Flo by Moen Smart Water Installation. And in the rare cases where corrections are needed that would lead to additional fees, it is your option to complete them or not. If you decide not to, you are entitled to a full refund of your purchase.
Please note: We may be unable to complete some Smart Water Installation services due to a lack of installer coverage at the installation address location. We will do our best to locate trained installers nearby and request that they extend beyond their service area;in the rare cases where that is not an option, you will be entitled to a full refund.
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN ADDITION TO THE DISCLAIMERS CONTAINED IN FLO’S END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT AND TERMS OF SERVICE, FLO DOES NOT WARRANT, ENDORSE, GUARANTEE, OR ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE ADVERTISED, OFFERED OR PERFORMED BY A THIRD PARTY THROUGH OR IN CONNECTION WITH FLO’S PRODUCTS OR SERVICES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THIRD PARTY PRODUCTS AND SERVICES CONNECTED THROUGH THE FLO PLATFORM) OR ANY HYPERLINKED WEBSITE OR SERVICE, AND FLO WILL NOT BE A PARTY TO OR IN ANY WAY MONITOR ANY TRANSACTION BETWEEN YOU AND THIRD-PARTY PROVIDERS OF SUCH PRODUCTS OR SERVICES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO INSTALLATION SERVICES.
FLO HEREBY DISCLAIMS AND YOU HEREBY DISCHARGE, WAIVE AND RELEASE FLO AND ITS LICENSORS, CONTRACTORS AND SUPPLIERS FROM ANY PAST, PRESENT AND FUTURE CLAIMS, LIABILITIES AND DAMAGES, KNOWN OR UNKNOWN, ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE PRODUCTS OR SERVICES OF THIRD PARTIES. YOU HEREBY WAIVE CALIFORNIA CIVIL CODE SECTION 1542 IN CONNECTION WITH THE FOREGOING, WHICH STATES: “A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR.” YOU HEREBY WAIVE ANY SIMILAR PROVISION IN ANY OTHER JURISDICTION.
For Professionals Engaged by Flo to Install Flo Products
For those professionals engaged by Flo to install Flo Products on behalf of third parties (“Installers”), the following terms apply:
(a) Installers are independent contractors, and there is no association, partnership, joint venture, employment, or agency relationship between the Installer and Flo for any purpose. Installers have no authority (and shall not hold themselves out as having authority) to bind Flo and shall not make any agreements or representations on Flo's behalf without Flo's prior written consent;
(b) Each Installer represents and warrants that he or she has the required skill, experience, and qualifications to perform the services for which the Installer is engaged, and shall perform the services in a professional and workmanlike manner in accordance with generally recognized industry standards for similar services, and in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations, including by maintaining all licenses, permits, and registrations required to perform the services;
(c) The Installer shall defend, indemnify, and hold harmless Flo and its affiliates and their officers, directors, employees, agents, successors, and assigns from and against all losses, damages, liabilities, deficiencies, actions, judgments, interest, awards, penalties, fines, costs, or expenses of whatever kind (including reasonable attorneys' fees) arising out of or resulting from the actions or inactions of the Installer;
(d) Flo shall defend, indemnify, and hold harmless the Installer against all losses, damages, liabilities, deficiencies, actions, judgments, interest, awards, penalties, fines, costs, or expenses of whatever kind (including reasonable attorneys' fees) arising out of or resulting solely from a Flo Product defect.