Deductible Reimbursement Program
Our steadfast commitment to Flo Users: if you buy a new Flo Device, install it properly, and still suffer property damage as a direct result from a water supply line leak, Flo will reimburse you the amount of your insurance deductible under the applicable insurance policy as provided below (the “Program”).
Flo Users will qualify for reimbursement under the Program if all of the following conditions are satisfied:
- Before the property damage, the Flo User purchased a Flo Device;
- In the days preceding the property damage, the Flo System did not alert the Flo User to any related vulnerabilities or leaks that the Flo User did not appropriately remedy;
- At the time of the property damage, the Flo Device was (a) properly installed (in full accordance with Flo’s installation guidelines and instructions) on the Home’s water supply line from which the water causing the property damage came, (b) powered on, paired to the Flo User’s Wi-Fi network and not offline, (c) was not in “learning” mode; (d) covered by a Flo subscription plan for at least thirty (30) consecutive days; and (f) under valid warranty;
- At the time of the property damage, the leak causing the property damage must have occurred after where the Flo Device was installed (for example, not between the water meter and the Flo Device);
- At the time of the property damage, the settings of the Flo System were set to (a) receive all notifications, and (b) automatically shut-off the water in the event of a critical issue;
- At the time of the property damage, the Flo User (a) had the Flo mobile app installed on their smartphone; (b) the mobile app settings were set with permissions to receive all notifications from Flo; (c) was named (or otherwise qualified) as an insured on an active homeowner policy, condo owner policy, renter policy, or farm/ranch policy issued by a homeowners insurance company licensed to provide coverage in the U.S. state where the property damage occurred; (d) used the Home entirely for residential purposes (not commercial or business purposes); and (e) promptly took all reasonable steps to remedy and limit the property damage;
- After the property damage, the Flo User reported the property damage to their insurance company within a reasonable amount of time, obtained a written report from that insurance company and provided Flo with a true and complete copy of that report;
- After the property damage, the Flo User provided Flo with reasonable documentation (e.g., correspondence, statement of loss, etc.) showing that the insurance company actually (a) paid some portion of the Flo User’s property damage claim, and (b) applied or assessed all or part of the insurance policy’s deductible (i.e., did not waive or otherwise absorb the deductible);
- Flo User provides written permission to Flo to contact such insurance company and verify the above.
Flo will not be obligated to reimburse the Flo User more than the amount of the insurance policy deductible actually applied or assessed, and not more than One Thousand Five Hundred Dollars ($1,500) in connection with any one property damage loss; and
Flo will not be obligated to reimburse the Flo User for an insurance policy deductible more than once in any twelve-month period, irrespective of how many property damage losses might occur in that twelve-month period.
This Program shall be effective as of March 15, 2018. Terms may be updated by Flo at any time and without notice. If updated, Flo will post the amended policy on this page and indicate at the top of the page the date the policy was last revised. Your continued use of a Flo Device after any such changes constitutes acceptance of the policy as revised.
All requests and/or questions related to this deductible reimbursement program may be directed by email to: email@example.com, or by postal mail to:
Flo Technologies, Inc.
Attn: Deductible Reimbursement
3750 S. Robertson Blvd., Suite 202
Culver City, CA 90232