The Dashboard is the home screen in your Flo by Moen app. You can always access it from the menu button in the top left corner of the Flo by Moen app. From your Dashboard, you can access any pending alerts, see your system status, see your current flow rate, change your System Mode, and more.
Water Consumption & Usage Trends
See an overview of your water usage trends, monitor how much water you're consuming, and see your home's flow rate. Set conservation goals to encourage saving water and money, and see how your usage is tracking against your goal.
Adjust device mode on your Dashboard to Home, Away, or Sleep so the Flo system can better protect you.
- Home Mode is the regular system mode that is recommended for day-to-day use. System monitoring and notifications are available. Actions are performed by the user. Home Mode activates the regular protection expected from the Flo System, such as alarm notifications and automatic water shutoff. Except for circumstances where the inhabitants of the home will be gone for an extended period of time, or when Sleep Mode is appropriate, the system should be left in Home Mode.
- Away Mode is the system mode appropriate for when the inhabitants of the home will be gone for an extended period of time. System monitoring and notifications are available. Actions are performed automatically on user’s behalf. Away Mode adds additional protection to the home by learning what is normal for the home when inhabitants are not present, and in the event of a potentially dangerous condition, the system may take quicker precautionary action by shutting off the water.
- Sleep Mode is a system mode that ignores all proactive and real-time tests, parameters, and quiets all alarm notifications, effectively putting the Flo System to sleep. System is in manual mode. System monitoring is available, notifications are disabled and actions are performed by the user. Sleep Mode should only be used when the home is experiencing or will experience irregular water usage which may trigger an undesired alarm. For example, Sleep Mode may be used when washing a car, refilling a swimming pool, having guests over the home, all of which may cause more water than considered normal to be used and may trigger a critical alarm. Following initial installation of the Flo device, the Flo System may start in Sleep Mode to learn the home’s water habits before being set in Home Mode.
Through the Control Panel you can view your homes water pressure, flow rate, temperature, and turn your main water supply ON or OFF. You can also run a health test and turn your home's water supply ON or OFF by pressing this switch on the Control Panel.
You can choose to run a Health Check at any time by selecting the 'Run Health Test' button on the Control Panel. Flo also performs an automatic Health Test once a day in addition to constantly monitoring your daily water usage. In order to run the Health Test, Flo shuts off your homes water for approximately 8 to 10 minutes and records any loss in your homes water pressure. The water will automatically be turned back on if you attempt to use it during the Health Test. You are also able to run your own diagnostic Health Test through the Flo by Moen app any time you wish from the Control Panel.
- Understanding your Health Check
- How does the Flo by Moen device test for leaks?
- Health Test Successful
- Health Test Interrupted
- Health Test Skipped
This screen allows you to view a time-stamped history of alerts recorded by your Flo by Moen device. An alert is a notification from Flo sent to a User. To access Alerts from your Flo Mobile App, go to the Alert Notifications menu, or click on a pending alert from your Dashboard.
The alerts can be critical in nature, warnings, or simply system notifications. Alerts can be sent via push notification, text, email, or via phone calls from Flo Support. You can access your alerts via your Flo Mobile App or User Portal.
Alerts where water could be automatically shut off. Water System Shutoff is a critical alert related to Flo automatically shutting off of your water as a precautionary measure because Flo detected an underlying critical alert, and you may not have responded to the underlying critical alert.
- Fast Water Flow is a critical alert related to a high rate of water flow.
- Extended Water Usage is a critical alert related to water running consistently for an excessive period of time.
- High Water Usage is a critical alert related to an excessive, total amount of water consumed.
Water Warning Alerts
Alerts that detect water system vulnerabilities.
- Low Water Pressure is a warning alert related to the home water system experiencing lower water pressure than normal at a certain period of time.
- High Water Pressure is a warning related to the home water system experiencing higher water pressure than normal at a certain period of time.
- Hot Water
- If in fact the water supplied to your home is experiencing very high temperatures, please contact your water utility company or local plumber. Inspect your Flo Device for any signs of thermal activity around it that may be causing a high temperature reading. If your Flo Device is directly under the sun on a hot day this may affect the temperature reading that your Flo device displays on your app. Try running some water to bring your temperature reading back to a normal range. Contact Flo Support for more assistance.
- Freeze Warning is a warning related to the water temperature inside of the Flo by Moen device reaching a near freezing level.
System Warning Alerts
Alerts about Flo by Moen system, WLAN or power issues.
- Device Offline is a system warning that your Flo by Moen device has been disconnected from the internet for an extended period of time, which means limited functionality of the Flo System.
- Valve Error is a system warning that the Manual Knob on your Flo by Moen device may not properly be in the Open or Close position, or may not be properly synced with the Flo System.
- General System Error is a system warning that there may be miscellaneous operating issues with your Flo System.
- Device Memory Error is a system warning that the Flo by Moen device may have run out of memory.
FloProtect is an additional layer of protection to your home. In addition to the standard protection offered by the Flo by Moen device, you will also receive:
- Water Damage Deductible Guarantee: Use the Flo by Moen System as intended, and we’ll cover the cost of your insurance deductible in the unlikely event of catastrophic water damage.
- Proactive Monitoring + Water Concierge: Our team of experts monitor your home and will proactively find solutions for you if they detect a problem. Live chat with our support team if you get notified of a water issue to get it resolved fast.
- Enhanced Water Usage Data: See your water usage by fixture and appliance use, historical consumption, and track against water saving goals.
- Extended Product Warranty: Your Flo by Moen Device will come with an extended product warranty.
- Flo Insurance Verification Letter: By installing a Flo by Moen Water Protection System for your home, you may save on your homeowner’s insurance.
With FloProtect, you are able to understand what fixtures impact usage the most on the Fixtures screen in the app. How do I categorize my fixtures for Fixture Detection?