WLAN range extenders can help increase your signal strength and WLAN coverage by creating an additional access point for your Flo Device to connect to. Flo recommends the TP Link - TL-WA850RE Range Extender to be used when determined that your Flo device needs additional WLAN signal strength.
Contact email@example.com for details on ordering a TP Link Range Extender.
Best practices for WLAN extenders:
Location - In general, you want to place your extender near the location where your Flo Device is installed. In many cases you will get the best results by placing it just on the other side of the same wall.
There may be a possibility where your Range Extender is too far from the router and in which case the extender may have a poor signal. If this is the case...try a few locations, starting close to your Flo Device and then trying different outlets that slowly get closer to your main router. You'll eventually find the best location to give the best WLAN signal to your Flo Device
Setup instructions for TP Link - TL-WA850RE Range Extender
- Plug the unit into a power outlet near your home Router/Access Point.
- Push the main (lock) button on the top of the WiFi Range Extender.
- On your computer, connect to the TP-Link_Extender_XXXXXX.
- The computer should be redirected to tplinkrepeater.net and you then login using the user name ‘admin’ and enter the password ‘admin’.
- Once connected, select continue.
- Select Region you live in.
- Select your home wireless network you would like to connect your extender to.
- Input your password for your main WLAN network. Press Next, then Finish to complete the setup.
NOTE: The Range Extender’s SSID can be changed to the same as your home network’s SSID. You may also give the Range Extender a unique name (SSID) that is different than your home network.
Once completed, the range extender should have "RE" and power LED's illuminated and the wireless button should be blinking. The final step is to move your extender to a power outlet located fairly close to where your Flo Device is installed. Wait for the RE light to come on.
Now connect your Flo Device to the new range extender network. Open the Flo Mobile App, tap Add Flo Device from the menu button, then go through the setup process. If applicable, be sure to select the unique network name you gave the extender as described in the note above.